Monday, April 11, 2011

Whassup, Tweeps?

Do you tweet? I do now. I only started a couple of months ago, at the beginning of the year, which makes me a bit of a late adopter as these things do. I'd been aware of twitter for a number of years already; I spend a fair amount of time online, and I have a techie geek of a husband who's usually pretty up on the latest and greatest new thing.

I wasn't on twitter until recently because I've never been much for posting facebook status updates, and I figured, what was the point of twitter then? I thought it would be one of those things where you sign up, tweet a couple of things, and then completely lose interest.

Instead, I'm now addicted. I tweet mostly about HR stuff, and I found there was an awful lot of it on twitter. Access to articles and blogs that I would never have stumbled upon on my own, online chats, HR-themed internet radio broadcasts; it was a whole new world. And I jumped right in.

To date, I've tweeted about 250 times, I think; I try to tweet a few times a day, and retweet anything that I find particularly interesting. I've amassed a few hundred followers, which makes me happy, and have been included by a few people on lists of who to follow, which makes me even happier. One tweep (that's Twitter Peep, for all you folks out there who may not have a clue what I'm talking about) made my week when he listed me as a part of his "people who know what they're talking about" list. I still feel pumped just thinking about that.

Now I feel like I need to check twitter, and find out what's going on! I'd better get back to it.

Basically, I do think twitter is a fabulous resource. There are some great people on there, and some great blogs. It can be a great way to promote your blogging as well, although I can't say as I've really taken advantage of that. I'm not yet comfortable enough with my blogging abilities to go on to twitter and promote myself.

You should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment