Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's Official!

Well, the job hunt has finally begun. Over the past couple of days, I started applying for HR jobs in Calgary. I'm not honestly sure what my chances are of finding something right away off a job board, but I certainly won't get anything if I don't apply, and I did see a couple of very interesting possibilities.

If possible, it would be super wonderful to line something up job-wise before we move, so that I can just step right into a job when we get there. I am prepared to fly out ahead and leave my poor hubby to pack us up if need be. He'd be packing, I'd be (hopefully) interviewing or starting work, and of course, looking for a place to live. We are fortunate enough to have friends there who have kindly agreed to let one or both of us crash with them until we find something of our own.

I'm getting my personal branding stuff ready- networking cards and thank you notes, resume, website, twitter feed, and of course, blog, and am presently just waiting for my mentor to come back from holidays so I can let him know what's up. Seems like my leaving merits a phone conversation rather than a quick email, don't you think?

I have mixed feelings about all this. Hubby is from Alberta, and of course, we spent six years in Calgary all through school, so we're both familiar with the city, have friends there, etc. And I am, of course, excited about some of the opportunities that I see there- Calgary in general has a much faster pace to it than Victoria does, and I'm hoping for something to give me more of a challenge than I've had lately. But I will miss this company, and I will miss the relationships and the culture here. My mentor has been fabulous to me, and even gently suggested that I might want to look elsewhere for a suitable challenge because he thinks I have outgrown what they can offer me. It's been a rewarding experience. Now, onto the challenge of the future!

I look forward to whatever the future holds for me. I hope it will be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment