Monday, October 10, 2011

HR And Customer Service

As I mentioned in my last post, computer time is in high demand at the moment, so this post is actually being composed via my Android smartphone's blogger app. Typos and typing speed are both an issue, and I have no idea if coding HTML works at all, so we'll see how things go.

I wanted to talk about HR and customer service. As those of you who follow this blog may know, my background is in retail and customer service. This background combined with my undergraduate work in anthropology concentrated a real interest in people. Of course, any customer service worker can tell you it ain't all it's cracked up to be, but.ultimately I enjoy helping people. It's also really obvious to the average frontline customer service employee that without them, your company goes nowhere. They represent your brand to the public everyday; good or bad, they are your branding in action. HR is as dependent on these frontline staff for our jobs as the salesperson is on his or her clients. Looking at other employees as your customers creates a service mentality on the part of HR is important. As much as the HR department is the representative of your organization's policies, doing your best to create an employee-centric environment, and provide the best service you can will increase employee satisfaction in the same way that good service increases customer satisfaction and contributes to organizational success.
I don't have any research to back this up, particularly while posting from my phone. This is just an opinion, because to me it seems like common sense. Agree? Disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment